iVAC Switch Box
The iVAC Switch Box is an inexpensive, simple to use automated dust collector controller that activates your shop vacuum automatically whenever the power tool to which it’s attached is turned on. All you need to do is remember to hook up the vacuum hose to your power tool. With this easy-to-use dust collector switch, you’ll be amazed at how much cleaner renovation work can be. Dust and debris are collected immediately, extraneous airborne dust is mitigated and clean-up is much easier.
The iVAC Switch Box was designed specifically for the home, where typically only 115Vac services are available. It is designed to control shop vacs up to 6.5 Peak HP and dust collectors up to 1 HP. The attached power tool can literally be any type of 115V-15A power tool such as:
- a light-duty table saw
- a portable sander
- Dremel tools
- a miter saw
In fact, anything that creates airborne dust can be connected to, and controlled by an iVAC Switch Box, and here’s why you should use one:
- it removes the distraction of turning a dust collection system on and off while operating potentially dangerous power tools.
- it ensures that dust and debris are collected as you cut, as opposed to being cleaned up with greater difficulty after the mess has been made.
- it mitigates airborne dust by trapping it while it’s being generated by the power tool. Airborne dust is hazardous and can lead to a variety of ailments.
- uncollected dust can be a hazard as it can make surfaces like hardwoods and laminates slippery and can lead to a fall.
- some tools are notorious for sending out residual debris when they are first powered up because we tend not to clean the cutting surface after every cut. In addition, material sometimes gets trapped between the cutting blade and the enclosure or work surface and can be ejected at speed when the tool is turned on. Automatically operating a shop vacuum can help minimize these risks.
- Fully certified and approved – features TUV safety approval and conforms to UL STD 244A and certified to CSA STDC22.2 No 14
- Three Modes of Operation – Auto, Off and On
- Turn On Delay – avoids distribution panel circuit breakers being tripped
- Turn Off Delay – ensures that your work area continues to be cleared of remaining airborne debris even after the tool has stopped
- Dual Inputs – to permit operation from two separately protected AC mains circuits, when the combined power from the tool and the vacuum exceeds 15 Amps
- Power Cord Protection – both power cords are individually protected with 15 Amp circuit breakers
- Continuous Operation – designed for continuous operation
- Please note that the iVAC Switch Box is not part of the iVAC Pro System and is not compatible with any of the iVAC Pro System components.
Automated Dust Control for the Home with the iVAC Switch Box
If you’re a do-it-yourselfer who enjoys tackling projects in and around the home, you’re probably aware of the dust and debris that even the smallest job can create. While a shop vacuum can go a long way in helping with clean up after the fact, did you know that most power tools – like miter saws, portable saws and sanders for example – feature a built-in dust collection port that connects to your shop vacuum? Unfortunately, most people don’t make use of it, and tend to “clean things up after it’s done”. In the meantime, dust makes its way throughout your home, is tracked by your footsteps, clogs up air filters, and can make life miserable depending on the extent of the renovation.
There’s a better way.
The iVAC Switch Box is a simple to use automated dust collector that activates your shop vacuum automatically whenever the power tool to which it’s attached is turned on. All you need to do is remember to hook up the vacuum hose to your power tool. With this easy-to-use dust collector switch, you’ll be amazed at how much cleaner renovation work can be. Dust and debris are collected immediately, extraneous airborne dust is mitigated and clean-up is much easier.
You’ll breathe easier, and ensure a safer working environment as well. Because the iVAC Switch Box powers up immediately, it helps to clear out any debris that may be stuck in the power tool and that can become a dangerous projectile – however small – in certain conditions. The iVAC Switch Box automatically turns the shop vacuum on before you actually begin to cut materials, and will continue to draw debris while the power tool is running and for approximately 6 seconds after you turn it off.
Installation is simple. If you can connect an electrical cord, you can connect an iVAC Switch Box!