iVAC Dust Collector Switch Box
The iVAC Dust Collector Switch Box is an inexpensive, simple to use automated dust controller that activates your shop vacuum automatically whenever the power tool to which it’s attached is turned on. All you need to do is remember to hook up the vacuum hose to your power tool. With this easy-to-use dust collector switch, you’ll be amazed at how much cleaner renovation work can be. Dust and debris is collected immediately, extraneous airborne dust is mitigated and clean-up is much easier.
The iVAC Dust Collector Switch Box was designed specifically for the home, where typically only 115Vac services are available. It is designed to control Shop Vacs up to 5 Peak HP and Dust Collectors up to 1 HP. The attached power tool can literally be any type of 115V-15A power tool such as:
- a light-duty table saw
- a portable sander
- dremel tools
- a miter saw
In fact, anything that creates airborne dust can be connected to, and controlled by an iVAC Dust Collector Switch Box, and here’s why:
- it removes the distraction of turning a dust collection system on and off while operating potentially dangerous power tools.
- it ensures that dust and debris are collected as you cut, as opposed to being cleaned up with greater difficulty after the mess is done.
- it mitigates airborne dust by trapping it while it’s being generated by the power tool. Airborne dust is hazardous and can lead to a variety of ailments..
- uncollected dust can be a hazard as it can make surfaces like hardwoods and laminates slippery and can lead to a fall.
- some tools can be notorious for sending out residual debris when they are first powered up because we tend not to clean the cutting surface after every cut. In addition, material sometimes gets trapped between the cutting blade and the enclosure or work surface and be ejected at speed when the tool is turned on. Automatically operating a shop vacuum can help minimize these risks.
- Fully certified and approved – features TUV safety approval and conforms to UL STD 244A and certified to CSA STDC22.2 No 14
- Three Modes of Operation – Auto, Off and On
- Turn On Delay – avoids circuit breakers being tripped
- Turn Off Delay – ensures that your work area continues to be cleared of remaining airborne debris even after the tool has stopped
- Dual Inputs – to permit operation from two separately protected AC mains circuits, when the combined power from the tool and the vacuum exceed 15 Amps
- Power Cord Protection – both power cords are individually protected with 15 Amp circuit breakers.
- Continuous Operation – designed for continuous operation